LST Low Stress Training
LST (Low-Stress Training) is the ultimate way to maximize your yield. It is important to start your grow with high-potency marijuana seeds genetics, with LST you can even go for tall Sativa cannabis seeds strains.
Before we begin let’s get some knowledge on what you will be looking at:
Light Brown: Pot Outline
Green thick Lines: Main Stem
Small Thin Lines with Green Balls on top: Fan leaves
Yellow Lines: Side Branches
Red: Tiedown Metal Hooks (or thread whichever item you use, I use Hooks – it’s easier)
The Text in the box: The first digit displayed on side of the pot is the Step Number, and the Second Digit is the Pot Size, below the numbers is the type of view you are looking at (either from the SIDE or from the TOP)
LST Low-Stress Training Tutorial Picture
- STEP 1: Grow your plant from a potent marijuana seeds strain of choice to 3 or 4 leaf sets, some use 5 but I always use 3 because after 3rd leaf set the main stem starts to harden and it will be harder to bend over your plant properly without breaking the main stem.
- STEP 2: Using a metal hook (cut small sections of cloths hanger and bend a U shape at the end as a hook) bend over your plant with a metal hook at the last internode (space between the last set of fan leaves and the next to last) and stick the metal hook into your dirt to hold down the stem.
- STEP 3: This is really not a step, just waiting time… Take note of how the top of the plant that was bent down will bend back upwards towards the light, this could take anywhere from 3 hours to 1 day. Under my 1000 Watt Metal Halide light, it does it in under 3 hours.
- STEP 4: Veg and don’t tie down until you have a new leaf set. You will notice Side branching has started already because good light is getting to the main stem areas next to each fanleaf stem intersection with the main stem.
- STEP 5: Depending on your starting pot size you may have to transplant. If you started out with a large pot, repeat step 2 over and over again holding the main stem down with hooks until you reach the end of the pot. In this illustration to save time and drawings, I started out with a small pot and it reached the end of the pot after the first tiedown. I repotted it into a 10-inch pot which will be my final pot size for this plant in order for me to continue the LST Bends around the inside edge of the pot.
- STEP 6: Now that your new leaf set has formed you have enough length in growth since the first bend(s) to allow you to start bending the stem horizontally around the inside edge of the pot. Use metal hooks again to keep this bend in place. Side branches should be coming along very nicely. Sativa cannabis seeds strains grow faster and produce more stems, Indica marijuana seeds varieties will grow half as much.
- STEP 7: Continue repeating steps 4 and 6, allowing the plant to grow, and then keep tieing it down along the inside edge of the pot using metal hooks (or whatever you are using) Side branches should be forming and growing up towards the light.
- STEP 8: Continue to repeat step 7 until you are all the way around the pot… when you reach the point where your plant first met the edge of the plant Top the plant (cut off the very top of the plant) and hold it down horizontally with a metal hook… During all this time of repeating step 7, you should also be tieing down horizontally the new branches that have formed from the main stem as much as possible until you use up as much space as possible inside the pot as well, the outer branches growing over the outside edge of the pot you can hold down as well with string to keep those tops even with the inner branches.
- STEP 9: After you have used up all possible space inside the pot (or your egg crate) it’s time to just let it flower. This is a side view of how it will and should look by that time with all the side branches growing upwards toward the light… these will all become Collas unlike a non-LST plant will only have one cola.
During flowering and even before due to lack of light on the main stem fan leaves which are all the way to the bottom almost against the soil those fan leaves will die off anyway, I usually cut these off the main stem right after the branch has grown out in that area, keeps things neat down below where you will need good airflow during flowering.. so go ahead and take off any fan leaves coming off the main stem that is going around the inside edge of the pot.
Set your timer to 12/12 and watch it bloom. There is no Step 10 in the picture but we all know what that is HARVEST!!!
Sativa Indica hybrids or Sativa marijuana seeds strains are suitable for LST as they grow fast and low-stress training helps to control their height. Choose a potent, high-yielding cannabis seeds variety for LST!
Ninja Fruit Seeds$40.00
Product on saleCherry Pie Seeds | Cherry Pie Strain
Product on saleGG#4 Gorilla Glue Seeds | Feminized
Product on saleKicksville Strain Seeds | Feminized
Product on saleDagga Butter Strain Seeds | Feminized
Product on saleDagga Kush Seeds | Feminized Photoperiod
Product on saleDagga Zkittlez Strain Seeds | Feminized
Product on salePurple Kush CBD Seeds | Regular
Blue Dream Seeds | Feminized Photoperiod$40.00